AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – The Founding Partners of Drive, Chip and Putt have announced changes for this season, in regards to the continuing COVID-19 pandemic.
The 2020-21 qualifying season, originally set to begin May 2nd, is now cancelled. The Founding Partners say this was done to protect the health and safety of all involved.
Also announced, the Drive, Chip and Putt National Finals, originally set for April 5th 2020, will now take place on April 4th 2021, the eve of the Masters Tournament. Each National Finalist will be invited to compete in the same age division for which they previously qualified in 2020, regardless of their age on that date.
Those that bought tickets to the National Finals will be sent a refund in May and guaranteed the opportunity to buy tickets for next year.
MORE SPORTS STORIES:
- Football Friday Night | Week 13 Scores & Highlights
- NFL COVID-19: Ravens-Steelers game postponed again
- Georgia beats Mercer in season opener, 83-64
- Yellow Jackets rout Georgia State 62-38
- No. 1 South Carolina women rout Charleston in season opener
- Big Game Bound Week 12: Lions’ Thanksgiving tradition & best NFL rivalries
- Soccer legend Diego Maradona dies at 60
- Saban tests positive for COVID-19, will miss Iron Bowl
- Former NFL star Marshawn Lynch hands out 200 Thanksgiving turkeys in Hawaii
- NFL makes history with all-Black officiating crew for Monday Night Football