Chris Young headlines the 8th Annual Music for Memories concert on March 21st at the Country Club.
Tickets are $35 and can be purchased here.
Did you realize that one in 10 people 65 and older has Alzheimer’s? That’s a sobering statistic.
Jennifer Pennington, Executive Director of Jud C. Hickey Center for Alzheimer’s Care explains that music is an integral part of the activities offered at the center. In fact, all of their activities have meaning and purpose, because there is still living to be done after a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s or a related dementia.
Located on Central Avenue in Augusta, the Jud C. Hickey Center is a resource for people with Alzheimer’s disease and their families.
Their approach to people with Alzheimer’s disease/dementia offers a variety of activities, which
should accomplish these goals:
- Enhance the quality of life
- Maintain physical well-being
- Encourage socialization
- Encourage expression of feelings
- Maintain connection with the outside world
- Bring some fun into their day
- Encourage use of remaining abilities
- Encourage independence and promote self-esteem
- Provide intellectual stimulation