LINCOLN COUNTY, Ga. (WJBF) – UPDATED – First responders from Lincoln County’s Police Department, Sheriff’s Office, and Office of Emergency Services have cleared the scene of a log truck roll-over that occurred outside of Lincolnton Thursday morning.
Georgia State Patrol led the clean-up operation, aided by Lincoln County first responders, Georgia Power, and Reeves Towing, in order to clear the roadway after being blocked by the accident at the junction of May Avenue and Claire Drive near downtown Lincolnton. The last update from the scene received by the Georgia Department of Public Safety was around 9:30 a.m.
According to Georgia State Patrol and the report of the trooper on-scene, the truck was trying to make the turn at May Avenue and Claire Drive when the weight-load shifted, causing the entire truck and trailer to overturn in a ditch.
Earlier in the morning, traffic was asked to avoid the area if at all possible.
According to the Lincoln Police Department Facebook page, the driver walked away with minor injuries. Georgia Department of Public Safety said the single vehicle accident required no hospitalizations.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Local ‘Beetlejuice house’ returns for Halloween season
- All Treats for Saturday…few showers Sunday. – Click here for your forecast
- Murphey Middle School transitions to online learning due to increased COVID activity
- Appling father killed by 15-year-old son had a history of domestic violence
- Concerns in the CSRA about postal service
- Authorities: South Carolina man faces life in prison after buying ‘sex slave,’ putting her in his ‘dungeon’
- Walmart puts guns, ammunition back on display at US stores
- Georgia Governor Brian Kemp, First Lady quarantine after exposure to individual positive for COVID-19