(WJBF) - This year holiday travel is expected to be the highest it has been in over a decade.
AAA predicts that more than 54 million Americans will travel 50 miles or more this Thanksgiving.
That's the highest number of travelers since 2005.
If you plan to drive to your destination, you could be in for a particularly long journey.
Experts predict travel times in the nation's most congested cities, could be up to four times longer than normal.
If you are headed to Atlanta, carrying an extra helping of patience.
Early morning roadblock and collision...
Crews respond to I-520 accident...
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect