AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – The wife of late Richmond County Investigator, Cecil Ridley, has filed a lawsuit against the convenience store where he was shot and killed last year.
She claims, the man who allegedly shot Ridley– Alvin Hester– worked at the store and used the property to sell drugs.
Investigator Ridley was working with other Richmond County officers and went to the store to check on allegations of drugs and weapons on the property when he was shot and killed just after entering the building.
Stay tuned to NewsChannel 6 for more on this developing story.
LATEST NEWS STORIES
- ‘State of Disaster’ declared in parts of Australia due to COVID
- As a new week begins, here’s why you don’t have that second stimulus check
- Lord & Taylor, Men’s Wearhouse owner file for bankruptcy
- Dunkin’s free coffee Mondays begin Aug. 3
- Wilford Brimley, the face of Quaker Oats and ‘Cocoon’ Star, Dies at 85