AIKEN, S.C. (WJBF) — The University of South Carolina Aiken family is mourning the death of one of its own.
Chancellor Sandra Jordan announced nursing student Joshua Bush passed away due to complications related to COVID-19.
“Our thoughts and prayers go out to his wife, LaKita, their family, to our faculty and staff in the School of Nursing and all of our nursing students who knew him well, and our entire Pacer community,” she said in a social media post.
Jordan also stated that the school plans to plant a tree in Joshua’s memory during a campus-wide service in front of the School of Nursing, as soon as they can.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- South Carolina offers free admission to all state parks on Friday
- Patient hospitalized for COVID-19 plays violin to thank caregivers while intubated
- Georgia Secretary of State blasts President Trump over Georgia Elections
- Second stimulus check: President-elect Biden’s thoughts on $1,200 payments
- WATCH: Southeastern Stream Live Week 10