AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – The Richmond County Sheriff’s Office reports a teen has accidentally shot himself.
It happened Sunday night just after 9:00 p.m. on Tobin Street.
Deputies responded to the home on the 3300 block, where they learned the 14-year-old boy shot himself in the hip with a handgun.
He was taken to Augusta University Medical Center.
His injury is not considered to be life threatening.
Investigators are looking into the incident.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- WATCH: Denver woman confronts porch pirate caught in the act
- RCSO searching for Armed Robbery suspect; considered armed and dangerous
- Dolly Parton quiz: How well do you know Dolly?
- Country music icon Dolly Parton turns 75
- Biden picks transgender woman as assistant health secretary
- California becomes first state to top 3 million virus cases
- Mets general manager admits sending explicit texts and images to female reporter, report says
- Thief berated mom for leaving kid in car he stole, police say