WAYNESBORO, Ga. (WJBF) – A death investigation has been opened in Burke County after a body was discovered in a wooded area.
Deputies were dispatched to HWY 56 South near Beedy Branch Rd. on Wednesday at 9:01 a.m. in reference to a deceased person in the woods on the side of the road.
BCSO Criminal Investigation Division is actively working the scene. BCSO investigators are working to identify the victim.
The body was sent to the GBI to assist in identification and the cause of death.
Count on NewsChannel 6 for more information on this active investigation.
LATEST NEWS STORIES
- Watch: Mechanics rescue kitten stuck in dashboard of car
- First man cured of HIV infection now has terminal cancer
- One of last living Tuskegee Airmen celebrates 102nd birthday
- Teen charged in Kenosha shootings fights extradition
- Giant rat wins animal hero award for sniffing out landmines