(WJBF) – Investigators say they are looking for a man they say has robbed multiple gas stations and liquor stores in five different counties.
In Aiken County, the suspect used a handgun to rob two Circle K’s just weeks apart.
The same suspect is also connected to two additional robberies in Augusta — one at the Raceway on Wrightsboro Road and the other at S & S Food Mart on Barton Chapel Road.
Police say he also robbed the Spee-Dee Foods in Thomson. In that robbery the suspect was able to get away in a white vehicle. Police are also looking for the driver of that vehicle.
The Grovetown Department of Public Safety tells us that on October 14, he also reportedly robbed Billy Jack’s Liquor on Harlem Grovetown Road just before 11 p.m. and Evans Package on Columbia Road around 11:30 p.m. that same night.
“When he pushed me behind the counter, I told him I already triggered the hot button,” said Mark Hong, owner of Evans Package. “They were going to come within five seconds. So, do you think you are going to get away? So, that agitated him and he didn’t want to waste any of his time. And then he hit his gun on my forehead.”
The suspect also reportedly committed armed robbery in Wilkes County. He reportedly entered WD Package Store at 204 Whitehall Street, just within Washington city limits. He walked past the register toward the coolers at the rear of the store, before turning around and walking to the counter holding a black small frame 9 mm handgun. The suspect took both money from lottery ticket sales, as well as demanding the register be emptied, before backing away from the counter, still pointing the gun. There were two clerks present at the time.
The Chief Investigator for Wilkes Counties Sheriff’s Office says their department has spoken to both the Thomson Police Department and the Columbia County Sheriff’s Office already this week regarding the armed robbery of Spee-Dee Foods at 503 Gordon St. in Thomson on Oct. 4th, as well as the two liquor store holdups that occurred within 30 minutes of one another last night in Columbia County.
Wilkes County does have video surveillance of the incident they are using in trying to help identify the suspect.
The timeline, at this moment, is as follows:
- Sept. 21st – Raceway, 3481 Wrightsboro Rd. in Augusta, GA
- Sept. 24th – Circle K on East Pine Log Road in Aiken, S.C.
- Sept. 25th – S&S Food Store, 2657 Barton Chapel Rd. in Augusta, GA
- Sept. 29th – WD Package Store, 204 Whitehall St. in Washington, GA (9:30 p.m.)
- Oct. 4th – Spee-Dee Foods, 503 Gordon St. in Thomson, GA (10:00 p.m.)
- Oct. 8th – Circle K on Hitchcock Parkway in Aiken, S.C.
- Oct. 14th – Billy Jack’s Party Shop Beer, Wine & Spirits, 108 Harlem Grovetown Rd. in Grovetown, GA (11:00 p.m.)
- Oct. 14th – Evans Package, 4115 Columbia Rd. in Evans, GA (11:30 p.m.)
The suspect is a Black male, approximately 5’10” to 6’00” tall wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt and mask. Investigators say he is considered armed and dangerous.
If you have any information call the Richmond County Sheriff’s Office at (706) 821-1080 or the Aiken County Sheriff’s Office at (803) 648-6811. You can also all Crime Stoppers at 1-888 – CRIME- SC.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Local ‘Beetlejuice house’ returns for Halloween season
- All Treats for Saturday…few showers Sunday. – Click here for your forecast
- Murphey Middle School transitions to online learning due to increased COVID activity
- Appling father killed by 15-year-old son had a history of domestic violence
- Concerns in the CSRA about postal service
- Authorities: South Carolina man faces life in prison after buying ‘sex slave,’ putting her in his ‘dungeon’
- Walmart puts guns, ammunition back on display at US stores
- Georgia Governor Brian Kemp, First Lady quarantine after exposure to individual positive for COVID-19