AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – Severe Storms are passing through the CSRA this afternoon.
The current power outage map has thousands of Columbia County and Richmond County residents without power mostly in the Evans to Locks, Furys Ferry, and Forest Hills areas because of powerlines down. You can check the Georgia Power outage map HERE.
Jefferson Energy Cooperative’s crews are working a widespread outage. Curently, 48 outages are affecting 2,451 members. These counties include Burke, Columbia, Emanuel, Glascock, Jefferson, Jenkins, McDuffie, Richmond, Warren, and Washington. Jefferson Energy is working to restore power. You can visit the outage map HERE.
There was a small fire on Evans To Locks Road due to a power line which has caused major traffic snarls.
Count on WJBF NewsChannel 6 for more updates on storm damage in the CSRA.
The Augusta GA E-911 Twitter account has the following areas listed as Hazard in High Traffic Areas:
- Sand Bar Ferry Rd. and Laney Walker Blvd Extension Augusta, Ga
- Cardinal Drive and Wrightsboro Rd
- Highland Ave and McDowell St
- Monte Sano Ave and Central Ave
- Jackson Rd and Wrightsboro Rd
- Twelfth St and Jones St
- Skinner Mill Rd and Dorchester Dr
- Bridle Path Dr
- Boy Scout Rd and Skinner Mill Rd
- Wrightsboro Rd and Valley Park Ct
- Warren Rd and Washington Rd
- Mike Padgett HWY and Apple Valley Dr
- Linderwood Drive and Hollowhill Way
The traffic light at Skinner Mill and Warren Rd is out as well as the light at Washington and Warren Rd.
Ascauga Lake Road and Canal Street is closed at this time. Please seek an alternate route.