AUGUSTA, Ga (WJBF) – The effort to put together the next SPLOST is coming under fire.
Commissioners met Tuesday to work on finalizing the project list to put before voters next March, and some are not happy with the progress being made so far.
“There’s a lot of discussion that needs to be done with this SPLOST, when the next meeting is. It hasn’t been announced yet. I’ll be truthful with you, I don’t like the direction this one is going in,” said Commissioner John Clarke.
Commissioners have set October 27th has the date to have a final project list approved.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Child tax credit: Enhanced credit could be extended through 2025
- Man fatally shot by sheriff’s deputy in Elizabeth City, North Carolina
- Father angry after teacher cuts biracial daughter’s hair
- Augusta man arrested for Child Cruelty after toddler ends up in ICU
- DOJ to open Minneapolis police probe, says AP source
- WATCH: Pelosi thanks George Floyd for ‘sacrificing’ his life for justice
- Biden says employers should give paid time off for vaccinations, US set to hit goal of 200M doses in 100 days
- South Georgia jailer arrested on enticement charge, fired