AUGUSTA, Ga (WJBF) – The effort to put together the next SPLOST is coming under fire.
Commissioners met Tuesday to work on finalizing the project list to put before voters next March, and some are not happy with the progress being made so far.
“There’s a lot of discussion that needs to be done with this SPLOST, when the next meeting is. It hasn’t been announced yet. I’ll be truthful with you, I don’t like the direction this one is going in,” said Commissioner John Clarke.
Commissioners have set October 27th has the date to have a final project list approved.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Free rides offered to and from CSRA polling sites
- Greenville Co. deputy dies, 4 others injured after crashes on I-85NB
- Food insecurity increasing in the CSRA due to Covid
- Commission addresses Fire Department needs report
- Commissioners see where storm water funds have gone
- Augusta Commissioner says pay raise needed
- Augusta personal care home recently passed state investigation
- Ghost Face Gangster is final defendant sentenced in meth trafficking investigation