RICHMOND COUNTY, Ga. (WJBF) – Richmond County Public Schools will be closed until further notice starting Tuesday, March 17th.
This is due to public health concerns stemming from the coronavirus.
“The health and safety of our students and staff is our top priority,” said Dr. Kenneth Bradshaw, Superintendent of Schools. “I am asking everyone to continue to follow health department guidelines to keep yourselves and your families safe.”
Students can access distance learning materials from their teachers by clicking HERE.
On Monday, March 16th, the School Nutrition Department will send home food for students for Tuesday. School feeding sites will be implemented starting Wednesday.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Boyhood home of Malcolm X gets historic designation in Boston
- ‘I-5 Strangler’ found strangled to death in California prison cell
- Chipotle, e.l.f. team up to satisfy your hunger for beauty
- Capitol Police request 2-month extension of National Guard at US Capitol
- ‘I just saw a UFO’: Browns QB Baker Mayfield says he had a strange encounter
- Covid-19 vaccine causes swelling picked up on mammograms
- Couple wanted in killing of wife’s co-worker; $10K reward offered
- Goodwill celebrates grand opening of new career center