UPDATE: The Richmond County Sheriff’s Office Internal Affairs Division has concluded their investigation.
Sgt. Jason Saal has now been terminated from the Sheriff’s Office effective today, October 6.
Internal Affairs found that Sgt. Saal was in violation of several RCSO policies in relation to the Code of Conduct.
RICHMOND COUNTY, Ga. (WJBF) – A Richmond County Sheriff’s Office Sergeant is in jail following a physical altercation.
Authorities say on September 19, at 7:42 a.m., the Richmond County Sheriff’s Office responded to the residence of Sergeant Jason Saal and Deputy Alisha Anderson in reference to a loud disturbance.
“After investigating the incident, it was determined a verbal dispute turned physical between both persons and Sgt. Saal was listed as the primary aggressor,” Sgt. Caleb Lee of the Sheriff’s Office said.
Sgt. Saal was subsequently arrested and charged with one count of simple battery family violence and one count of criminal trespass and transported to the Charles B. Webster Detention Center.
After being released, Sgt. Saal will be placed on administrative leave pending an internal investigation.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Kitten found with paws frozen to ground in Iowa
- Tiger Woods moved to LA hospital after leg surgery
- Kentucky Senate passes bill to restrict no-knock warrants
- Cat that vanished 15 years ago reunited with her owner
- Vaccine ‘passports’ may open society, but not for everyone
- Prince Harry raps ‘Fresh Prince,’ says he didn’t walk away in first interview since being stripped of royal duties
- SLED says Attempted Murder suspect could be in Barnwell
- American Airlines jet has close encounter with unidentified flying object