UPDATE: The Richmond County Sheriff’s Office Internal Affairs Division has concluded their investigation.
Sgt. Jason Saal has now been terminated from the Sheriff’s Office effective today, October 6.
Internal Affairs found that Sgt. Saal was in violation of several RCSO policies in relation to the Code of Conduct.
RICHMOND COUNTY, Ga. (WJBF) – A Richmond County Sheriff’s Office Sergeant is in jail following a physical altercation.
Authorities say on September 19, at 7:42 a.m., the Richmond County Sheriff’s Office responded to the residence of Sergeant Jason Saal and Deputy Alisha Anderson in reference to a loud disturbance.
“After investigating the incident, it was determined a verbal dispute turned physical between both persons and Sgt. Saal was listed as the primary aggressor,” Sgt. Caleb Lee of the Sheriff’s Office said.
Sgt. Saal was subsequently arrested and charged with one count of simple battery family violence and one count of criminal trespass and transported to the Charles B. Webster Detention Center.
After being released, Sgt. Saal will be placed on administrative leave pending an internal investigation.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Free rides offered to and from CSRA polling sites
- Greenville Co. deputy dies, 4 others injured after crashes on I-85NB
- Food insecurity increasing in the CSRA due to Covid
- Commission addresses Fire Department needs report
- Commissioners see where storm water funds have gone
- Augusta Commissioner says pay raise needed
- Augusta personal care home recently passed state investigation
- Ghost Face Gangster is final defendant sentenced in meth trafficking investigation