AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – The Richmond County Sheriff’s Office began an investigation Thursday after a deputy on duty allegedly had inappropriate contact with a female suspect in custody.
After a Criminal Investigation and an Internal Investigation, 38-year-old deputy Kendrick Quick was arrested.
Quick is charged with Violation of Oath by Public Officer and Rape.
Quick was booked into the Charles B. Webster Detention Center. He is on administrative leave until the Internal Affairs Investigation is completed.
More Crime Headlines:
- Augusta man wanted for Aggravated Battery
- Suspended sheriff in SC faces 13 more corruption charges
- Man arrested in GA student’s disappearance, death is a Fort Gordon solider
- Two wanted in Columbia County for theft at Walmart
- 2 arrested after drug complaints at Florence Bojangles’ restaurant
- Taylor Swift’s father safe after fight with burglar