AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – The Richmond County Sheriff’s Office began an investigation Thursday after a deputy on duty allegedly had inappropriate contact with a female suspect in custody.
After a Criminal Investigation and an Internal Investigation, 38-year-old deputy Kendrick Quick was arrested.
Quick is charged with Violation of Oath by Public Officer and Rape.
Quick was booked into the Charles B. Webster Detention Center. He is on administrative leave until the Internal Affairs Investigation is completed.
More Crime Headlines:
- Augusta man wanted for aggravated stalking and burglary
- RCSO searching for Aggravated Assault suspect
- Mother charged with fatally stabbing 5-year-old girl in Chicago
- State lawmaker issues statement on arrest of Bamberg County Councilman charged with sex crimes
- Former Bamberg County Council Chairman Trent Kinard arrested by SLED for sex crimes
- Armed Robbery suspect sought by RCSO