AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – A Blythe man is facing charges after his mother-in-law was found dead this week.
Clifton Brady is charged with neglect in the death of Pauline Lankford.
87-year-old Lankford was found in her chair in a front room of a residence sitting in a lawn chair. She appeared to have been dead for quite some time. She had not been taken care of by her daughter and son in law who lived at the residence too.
Brady’s wife has not been charged with any crime.
She was pronounced dead on the scene at 11:21 a.m. The residence was “very unkempt and nasty” according to the coroner’s report. Code enforcement was called to the scene to investigate due to the condition of the home.
LATEST CSRA STORIES
- Fire Department needs assessment completed, but not released
- Gov. McMaster: counties around SRS should receive ‘majority’ of funding
- Augusta man wanted for aggravated stalking and burglary
- Where you live could impact your colon cancer risk
- RCSO searching for Aggravated Assault suspect