AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – The National Transportation Safety Board, GBI, FAA and the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office are investigating a plane crash.
A Cessna 182K airplane crashed in a pond near Lincolnton Tuesday at 5:45 P.M. resulting in one fatality. The pilot was the only person on the plane.
Family members have confirmed the pilot is 24-year-old Cole Mattison.
Mattison had graduated this year from the University of Georgia with a degree in Engineering.
The FAA and NTSB are investigating to determine the cause of the accident.
LATEST IN CSRA NEWS
- Aiken County’s animal control ordinance revised and approved
- Free rides offered to and from CSRA polling sites
- Food insecurity increasing in the CSRA due to Covid
- Augusta Commissioner says pay raise needed
- Augusta personal care home recently passed state investigation