BURKE COUNTY, Ga. (WJBF) – A woman is facing charges after one person was shot this weekend in Burke County.
Megan Black is charged with Aggravated Assault and Possession of a Firearm During the Commission of a Crime.
The Burke County Sherriff’s Office and Emergency Management responded to the 100 block of Zerbee Lane in Morris Village for shots fired on Sunday at midnight.
Deputies found a male suffering from a gunshot wound. He was transported to AUMC with what appears to be non-life threatening injuries.
Black was located and identified shortly after.
Chief Deputy Lewis Blanchard states that this was not a domestic incident, and that Black reportedly decided to take action on an individual that wouldn’t leave her yard.
She is currently in custody at the Burke County Detention Center.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Trump’s Rushmore trip draws real and figurative fireworks
- FL Sheriff: I’ll deputize gun owners if violent protests erupt
- Doctor breaks down impact a vaccine will have on children suffering from Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome related to COVID-19
- RCSO searching for a missing Schizophrenic woman
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA: Father and son respond to driver having medical emergency behind the wheel
- Here is the latest Georgia news from The Associated Press at 8:40 a.m.
- Here is the latest South Carolina news from The Associated Press at 8:40 a.m.
- Topgolf’s grand opening tee’s off