BURKE COUNTY, Ga. (WJBF) – A woman is facing charges after one person was shot this weekend in Burke County.
Megan Black is charged with Aggravated Assault and Possession of a Firearm During the Commission of a Crime.
The Burke County Sherriff’s Office and Emergency Management responded to the 100 block of Zerbee Lane in Morris Village for shots fired on Sunday at midnight.
Deputies found a male suffering from a gunshot wound. He was transported to AUMC with what appears to be non-life threatening injuries.
Black was located and identified shortly after.
Chief Deputy Lewis Blanchard states that this was not a domestic incident, and that Black reportedly decided to take action on an individual that wouldn’t leave her yard.
She is currently in custody at the Burke County Detention Center.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Nevada, Pennsylvania certify Biden as winner of presidential vote
- Dow passes 30,000 points on vaccine hopes, Biden transition
- 4-year-old accidentally shoots 8-year-old brother in Illinois, police say
- 12-year-old girl in stable condition after shot in leg by a student at Hendersonville Middle School
- Keep holiday gift-giving on budget with these companies that ship free
- Are dining tents a safe way to eat out during the pandemic?
- CCSO searching for two jewelry theft suspects;
- VIDEO | Firefighters respond to car fire on Bobby Jones Expressway