BURKE COUNTY, Ga. (WJBF) – A woman is facing charges after one person was shot this weekend in Burke County.
Megan Black is charged with Aggravated Assault and Possession of a Firearm During the Commission of a Crime.
The Burke County Sherriff’s Office and Emergency Management responded to the 100 block of Zerbee Lane in Morris Village for shots fired on Sunday at midnight.
Deputies found a male suffering from a gunshot wound. He was transported to AUMC with what appears to be non-life threatening injuries.
Black was located and identified shortly after.
Chief Deputy Lewis Blanchard states that this was not a domestic incident, and that Black reportedly decided to take action on an individual that wouldn’t leave her yard.
She is currently in custody at the Burke County Detention Center.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- House GOP ousts Liz Cheney from top post
- Dozens of dead bodies found floating in India’s Ganges River
- Tina Turner, Jay-Z, Foo Fighters, Go-Go’s among Rock & Roll Hall inductees
- Norman Lloyd, star of ‘Saboteur,’ ‘St. Elsewhere,’ dies at 106
- One lane blocked on I-20 in McDuffie County following tractor-trailer fire
- Applications to get $50 off your internet bill open
- Merchants Association of Columbia County gives generous donation to charity
- Georgia could cut jobless benefits to push more toward work