BARNWELL COUNTY, S.C. (WJBF) — An investigation is underway following a shooting in Barnwell involving a pregnant woman.
According to Lieutenant Cook with the Barnwell Sheriff’s Office, authorities responded to the scene of an accident, just before 2 p.m. on Highway 278, just before Aiken County Line in Barnwell. We’re told someone shot into the car with two people inside. The vehicle came to rest and wrecked in the middle of the road following the incident. A caller to 911 noted bullet holes in the vehicle.
A man and a pregnant woman were both shot. The victims were transported to the hospital and were considered stable.
No suspect information available at this time.
If you have any information, contact authorities.
- CDC considering shortening quarantine time for COVID-19 exposure
- How to cook safely this Thanksgiving
- Isolated storms for Thanksgiving. – Check here for your forecast
- One historic Augusta restaurant following city’s mask ordinance while offering holiday meal for families
- Faith leaders and ‘Black Voters Matter’ give away hundreds of Thanksgiving meals and register people to vote