AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – The unveiling of the James Brown mural is a reason for people across the two state to feel good.
The colorful mural is located on the corner of Broad Street and James Brown Boulevard. It’s called ‘The Spirit of Funk’ and shows how the Godfather of Soul progressed through his career.
His nicknames, accomplishments, and other messages representing James Brown are incorporated in the piece.
- 11-year-old charged following incident near Greenville Co. school
- Aiken Center for the Arts host 23rd annual Aiken antique show
- Global cyber infrastructure leader and defense contractor expands Augusta footprint
- Meeks wins Lifetime Achievement Award
- Richmond County investigators searching for missing 13-year-old boy