AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – The unveiling of the James Brown mural is a reason for people across the two state to feel good.
The colorful mural is located on the corner of Broad Street and James Brown Boulevard. It’s called ‘The Spirit of Funk’ and shows how the Godfather of Soul progressed through his career.
His nicknames, accomplishments, and other messages representing James Brown are incorporated in the piece.
- Locals gather in downtown Augusta to celebrate Independence Day
- Giving Your Best: Helen and Harvey Bender
- “It has me on alert, like should I move?” Neighbors react after man is accused of stabbing three people in Grovetown
- RCSO cracking down on DUI’s on July 4 holiday
- Hidden gems of the Augusta area