AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – The unveiling of the James Brown mural is a reason for people across the two state to feel good.
The colorful mural is located on the corner of Broad Street and James Brown Boulevard. It’s called ‘The Spirit of Funk’ and shows how the Godfather of Soul progressed through his career.
His nicknames, accomplishments, and other messages representing James Brown are incorporated in the piece.
- RCSO searching for a shooting suspect after an 18-year old was killed
- South Carolina Oak to Barrel, LLC establishing operations in Bamberg County
- Less than 100 incidents ‘devious lick’ challenges reported at Aiken County schools; none reported in Allendale County
- Swainsboro council members point to issues impacting government procedures
- GIVING YOUR BEST: Zelicia Burns