RICHMOND COUNTY, Ga. (WJBF) – The death of an inmate at the Webster Detention Center is under investigation.
Richmond County Coroner Mark Bowen tells us that 34-year-old Ashley Asuncion was taken to University Hospital Wednesday night.
Asuncion was pronounced dead at 6:42 a.m. Thursday morning.
An autopsy will be performed at the GBI Lab.
No word yet on a cause of death.
Asuncion’s last listed charges were Possession of Methamphetamine and Possession and Use of Drug Related Objects
Count on NewsChannel 6 for more details as they become available.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Study: Moderna coronavirus vaccine appears safe, shows signs of working in older adults
- Viewers’ Guide: Trump, Biden meet in Ohio for 1st debate
- Parents petition for full time, face to face learning in Columbia County schools
- One injured in shooting on Basswood Drive in Augusta
- One dead, one injured in shooting on Olive Rd. in Augusta
- Three teens charged in alleged rape of 13-year-old
- JENNIE: Miracle Mile “Drive” coming up October 17
- Tampa International to be first US airport to offer COVID-19 testing in terminal