RICHMOND COUNTY, Ga. (WJBF) – The death of an inmate at the Webster Detention Center is under investigation.
Richmond County Coroner Mark Bowen tells us that 34-year-old Ashley Asuncion was taken to University Hospital Wednesday night.
Asuncion was pronounced dead at 6:42 a.m. Thursday morning.
An autopsy will be performed at the GBI Lab.
No word yet on a cause of death.
Asuncion’s last listed charges were Possession of Methamphetamine and Possession and Use of Drug Related Objects
Count on NewsChannel 6 for more details as they become available.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Report reveals details about deaths of two boaters at Clarks Hill Lake
- “I just need them to find out why they feel I’m using all this water”; some Augustans still receiving unusually high water bills
- Suspension is part of fire finalists personnel record, as judge rules against city
- Georgia governor to sign bill allowing college athletes to be paid
- Judge rules city release requested information on Augusta Fire Chief finalists
- House Democrats push clean energy bills to promote electric vehicles
- Businesses react to mask mandate in City of Aiken; Council pass resolution to rescind face-covering ordinance
- Biden touts $28.6B restaurant relief program