RICHMOND COUNTY, Ga. (WJBF) – UPDATE: The identity of the person who died in the Monday morning fire on Alden Drive has been released.
Sadly, 50-year-old Kenneth Wayne Johnson died in the fire. The autopsy results are not complete and will take some time.
A deadly house fire is under investigation in Richmond County.
Richmond County Coroner Mark Bowen tells us the first happened on the 1000 block of Alden Drive around 9:30 a.m. Monday morning.
A body was found in the home by firefighters while working to put the blaze out.
The victim’s body has been sent to the GBI lab for an autopsy and identification.
A firefighter received a minor injury and was transported by ambulance for further evaluation.
Count on NewsChannel 6 for more details as they become available.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Bipartisan organizations discuss violence ahead of inauguration
- After allergic reactions at 1 clinic, California pauses use of large batch of Moderna COVID-19 vaccine
- Pro-Trump demonstrators, some armed, start descending on Michigan, Ohio and South Carolina statehouses
- Macaulay Culkin ‘sold’ on digitally removing President Trump from Home Alone 2
- The most — and least — affordable neighborhoods in the U.S., according to Trulia
- ‘Spectacular’ bright-orange bat species discovered
- Dog returns to her family after a 12-year journey
- Group from North Augusta delivers 170 letters to South Carolina lawmakers calling for removal of Meriwether Monument