RICHMOND COUNTY, Ga. (WJBF) – UPDATE: The identity of the person who died in the Monday morning fire on Alden Drive has been released.
Sadly, 50-year-old Kenneth Wayne Johnson died in the fire. The autopsy results are not complete and will take some time.
A deadly house fire is under investigation in Richmond County.
Richmond County Coroner Mark Bowen tells us the first happened on the 1000 block of Alden Drive around 9:30 a.m. Monday morning.
A body was found in the home by firefighters while working to put the blaze out.
The victim’s body has been sent to the GBI lab for an autopsy and identification.
A firefighter received a minor injury and was transported by ambulance for further evaluation.
Count on NewsChannel 6 for more details as they become available.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- RCBOE to have a special called COVID-19 update meeting
- Governor Kemp backs Natalie Paine for District Attorney during CSRA visit
- Trump receives third nomination for Nobel Peace Prize
- Bodycam video shows the scene after the Breonna Taylor shooting
- Coronavirus surge: When will the fall COVID-19 spike hit?
- History of presidential debates
- Multiple Microsoft services go down across U.S.
- Gov. McMaster: counties around SRS should receive ‘majority’ of funding