(WJBF) – An ICE hold has been placed on a Hephzibah Middle School teacher accused of child molestation.
The Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency will take Rumah Byrapaka into custody if she posts bond, according to District Attorney Natalie Paine.
Byrapaka was in court for an initial hearing Tuesday and was awarded a $25,000 bond after a request by her attorney. The District Attorney’s office opposed the request for bond.
Byrapaka, an employee with Richmond County since July 2018, was arrested last week after an investigation revealed that she had allegedly texted nude photos and explicit messages to a 13-year-old student.
- Walmart confirms it will launch a rival to Amazon’s Prime
- 156 dogs rescued in federal multi-county Georgia operation
- “The Office” star Brian Baumgartner makes his famous chili on “National Chili Day”
- Stand-Up comedian Mark Normand bringing the laughs to Augusta
- James Brown Boulevard reconstruction breaks ground