(WJBF) – An ICE hold has been placed on a Hephzibah Middle School teacher accused of child molestation.
The Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency will take Rumah Byrapaka into custody if she posts bond, according to District Attorney Natalie Paine.
Byrapaka was in court for an initial hearing Tuesday and was awarded a $25,000 bond after a request by her attorney. The District Attorney’s office opposed the request for bond.
Byrapaka, an employee with Richmond County since July 2018, was arrested last week after an investigation revealed that she had allegedly texted nude photos and explicit messages to a 13-year-old student.
- President of Auburn University posts letter on the current state of the nation
- Stevens Creek Church reopens their doors for services
- Live VIPIR 6 Weather Forecast 5/31/20 PM
- Southern Souls Rescue gives away 14,000 pounds of dog food in an hour
- Virtual town hall on HIV, COVID-19, and mental health scheduled for June