SYLVANIA, Ga. (WJBF) – The lawyer for Julian Lewis‘ family says the department of justice has given the green light for a civil rights investigation.
60-year-old Lewis was shot and killed on August 7.
According to the GBI, former State Trooper Jacob Thompson tried to pull over Lewis in Screven County. Next, Lewis started a brief chase. Thompson did a pit maneuver to stop the car Lewis was driving then fired one shot killing Lewis.
Lewis was laid to rest this past Saturday.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Commission to hold workshop on future of underused parks
- Gov. Kemp proposes free technical college education pipeline to law enforcement
- Fort Bragg soldiers learn to use ultrasound for upcoming mission
- Boil Water Advisory in Saluda County, South Carolina
- AT&T, Verizon pausing some new 5G after airlines’ flight disruption warnings
- You can now place your order for 4 free COVID tests
- COVID-19 emergency could end this year, WHO says
- Dead newborn baby found in duffel bag in snow outside Chicago fire station