AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – There are some changes being implemented at Fort Gordon to help control the spread of coronavirus.
When you arrive at the gate, instead of handing the guard your I.D., the guard will now just let you hold it up, then flip it to show the back when the guard tells you to.
There are also some new screening procedures being implemented at Eisenhower Army Medical Center.
Patients and visitors will be asked some questions to determine whether they have a respiratory issue. If so, they’ll be given a mask.
The following facilities are open for active duty military only
- Fitness facilities/gyms
- Indoor pool
- Bowling center
The following venues are closed
- Dinner Theater
- Bingo Palace
- Intramural and Youth Sports
- Alternate Escapes (Domino Pizza will still deliver)
The following activities will remain open to the service members, dependents, retirees, and other authorized users as they do not create environments where people are gathering in large groups:
- Gordon Lakes Golf Course
- Hilltop Riding Stables
- Disc Golf
- Woodworth Library
- Pointes West Army Resort
- Tactical Advantage Sportsman’s Complex
- Auto Crafts Center
The Commissary will only serve active duty and dependents from 9:00 A.M. – 1:00 P.M. All eligible patrons and retirees will be served from 1:00-Closing.
The Commissary will limit the number of purchases for items in high demand. A limitation of paper tissue/towels and sanitizing products will be 1 per customer.
Starting March 21st, all Exchange Mall Facilities will close daily at 7:00 P.M. Gate 1 & Gate 5 Express stores will close daily at 10:00 P.M. All Exchange Restaurants will offer take-out and drive thru service only.
Large format gatherings (AUSA breakfasts), organized sporting events (5K runs, triathlon, etc.), and installation morale calls are either postponed or cancelled.
All religious services will be conducted virtually.
LATEST NEWS STORIES
- Quarantine protocols and testing continue for Vogtle workers; no positive cases confirmed
- Parking lots in downtown Augusta become places of prayer and celebration
- Emmy-winning musician Adam Schlesinger dies from coronavirus
- Local “Teacher Parade” shows school spirit and love
- America Knits in Swainsboro fulfilling new mission for Presidential Task Force