AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – Fort Gordon has announced the cancellation of its Independence Day celebrations.
The celebration and fireworks show was scheduled for July 2nd.
Officials cite health and safety concerns as the reasoning behind the cancellation, determining that CDC COVID-19 guidelines could not be successfully implemented.
“This was a difficult decision as we know many look forward to sharing this event with family and friends. We appreciate your support and await coming together and enjoying the scheduled entertainment at the Fall Festival on Friday, October 2nd.”
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Higher fireworks sales may mean more people in the emergency room with injuries
- Accident involving firetruck on Walton Way at Highland Avenue
- MLB cancels All-Star Game for 1st time since 1945
- Sponsor FedEx asks Redskins to change their name
- NFL to play Black anthem before national anthem
- 5 die after SUV crosses interstate median in South Carolina
- Here’s where you’ll have to quarantine if you’re traveling to or from South Carolina
- Trump’s Rushmore trip draws real and figurative fireworks