Electrical fire contained at Center of Hope

CSRA News
CENTER OF HOPE_1548470285499.jpg.jpg

No one was injured after a fire at the Salvation Army’s Center of Hope shelter on Greene Street Friday night.

Captain Philip Canning tells NewsChannel 6 it was an electrical fire that was contained to the mechanical room in the shelter.  

Because there is no electricity right now, people staying in the shelter were moved to the Kroc Center on Broad Street.  

The Augusta Red Cross has pitched in, supplying 150 cots.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories