AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) — The doors to a South Augusta grocery store will remain closed for quite some time as power crews work to repair damage to the store’s electrical system after a vehicle crash Wednesday morning.

Augusta Fire Department crews were called to the Food Lion located in the Colony Plaza shopping center on Windsor Spring Road just after 10 a.m. for a reported grease fire behind the store.

According to Georgia Power, the fire was electrical as someone ran into electrical equipment controlling an underground transformer behind the store, sparking a small fire. The transformer fed electricity to the store.

Augusta Fire confirms that a tractor-trailer sideswiped the electrical equipment, and the small fire sparked on a nearby grease trap which caused heavy black smoke to be seen in the area. Thankfully, the fire did not spread to the store.

A Food Lion manager tells WJBF NewsChannel 6 that the store will remain closed until the power can be restored. Georgia Power says it may take a while, as a replacement transformer must be brought in from Atlanta and installed.

There is currently no ETA on when power will be restored at the location.

Food Lion corporate did not respond directly about the fire, but released the following statement to WJBF on Wednesday afternoon:

The safety of our associates and customers is our top priority, and we look forward to serving our neighbors from this location again as soon as we can. In the meantime, we look forward to serving customers at one of our several nearby locations. We apologize for the inconvenience.