GOUGH, Ga. (WJBF) – On Tuesday, April 7, 2020 Burke County Sheriff’s Office deputies and Burke EMA/Fire & Rescue responded to a house fire on Bothwell Ave. and Torbit St. in Gough.
The family who lived in the home lost everything as a result of the fire. Sheriff Williams met with the family and was able to provide assistance with immediate needs. The BCSO has been in contact with Red Cross and was able to secure housing for the family for last night and tonight. According to the BCSO, the family does have insurance but it will not fully cover replacing the home.
The family still needs help from the community gathering some essential items.
The following items most needed are as follows:
- Clothes (New/Gently Used)
- Gift cards (Monetary)
- Restaurant Gift Cards
- In-store Gift Cards (i.e. Walmart, Target, etc.)
Donations can be dropped off at the Burke County Sheriff’s Office.
- Adult Female – Shirt Size (Medium) / Pants Size 14 / Shoe Size 9
- Adult Male – Shirt Size (Large or XL) / Pants Size 34/32 / Shoe Size 9.5
- Adult Male – Shirt Size (Large) / Pants Size 34/30 / Shoe Size 8.5
- Adult Male – Shirt Size (Medium) / Pants Size 30 x 32 / Shoe Size 9
- Youth Male (4 YOA) – Shirt Size 4T / Pants Size 4T / Shoe Size (Kid’s 4)