AUGUSTA, Ga (WJBF) Augusta employees are coming back to their offices, but not Augusta Commissioners.
City leaders voted to not return to meeting at the Municipal Building until the first meeting in August.
City leaders planned to return June 16th, but now members saying it’s too soon to meet again, face to face.
“Rush back there and have the public come in for issues…we have five or ten people at every meeting, people who live in Richmond County. I just think we can pump the brakes. I mean obviously the numbers have gone up in the last week and we need to pump the brakes on everything that’s going on,” says Mayor Pro-Tem Sean Frantom.
Commissioners will continue to meeting using teleconferencing, something that’s been going on since April.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Higher fireworks sales may mean more people in the emergency room with injuries
- Accident involving firetruck on Walton Way at Highland Avenue
- MLB cancels All-Star Game for 1st time since 1945
- Sponsor FedEx asks Redskins to change their name
- NFL to play Black anthem before national anthem