EVANS, Ga. (WJBF) – Columbia County is expected to purchase the old TaxSlayer building in Evans to house the new judicial annex.
The Columbia County Board of Commissioners voted Tuesday night to purchase the 32,000-square-foot, five-story building for $6.5 million.
The building will house the Department of Family and Child Services as well as the County’s juvenile court. The goal is to move DFCS into the building by the end of the year. The DFCS office currently resides in Appling.
The purchase option for the old TaxSlayer building was obtained earlier in the year.
- CDC considering shortening quarantine time for COVID-19 exposure
- How to cook safely this Thanksgiving
- Isolated storms for Thanksgiving. – Check here for your forecast
- One historic Augusta restaurant following city’s mask ordinance while offering holiday meal for families
- Faith leaders and ‘Black Voters Matter’ give away hundreds of Thanksgiving meals and register people to vote