(WJBF) – Starting Thursday morning, someone may be knocking at your door.
At 9 a.m. workers will start collecting data for the 2020 census.
Officials want you to know it’s important, safe and easy to respond.
They’re particularly concerned about under-represented communities that often go unaccounted for.
That’s a problem because census numbers determine things like how many government representatives communities get, and how federal funds are allocated.
Stay up to date with the WJBF News App. Click HERE to download.
- 2020 Nike EYBL Peach Jam cancelled
- Protesters gather on Wrightsboro Road Saturday for a peaceful march
- Live VIPIR 6 Weather Forecast 5/30/20 PM
- Several take to the streets in Augusta following death of man in police custody out of state
- WATCH SOON: Top doctors, mental health experts answer your questions on ‘Coronavirus House Calls’ | May 31