BURKE COUNTY, Ga. (WJBF) – Burke County Board of Education called a special meeting to vote on a new school reopening date.
Board members voted unanimously to move the school reopening to September 8th. Burke County Schools had previously approved a reopening plan for students to return August 17th.
Teachers in Burke County are already in the classroom preparing for the upcoming school year.
LATEST CSRA NEWS
- Sponsor a Teacher: A Facebook group designed to help teachers get their classrooms ready for an unusual school year
- Out There…Somewhere: Short changed, where’s the coinage?
- Georgia, South Carolina add SEC opponents to 2020 schedule
- Mayor Hardie Davis creates Confederate Monuments, Street Names, and Land Marks Task Force
- Aiken County Branch NAACP wants Citizen’s Review Board standard across Aiken County