JEFFERSON COUNTY, Ga. (WJBF) – The remains of missing Augusta man, John Scott Devore, are believed to have been found.
The body was found around 9:45 p.m. Monday night in a ditch along Highway 80 between Wrens and Waynesboro.
The coroner believes the body may have been there for about 2 or 3 weeks.
It’s now at the GBI crime lab for an autopsy and proper identification.
About 2 weeks ago, 40-year-old Ronald Harris Junior was arrested and charged with murder in the Devore case.
His arrest warrant said he killed Devore by strangling him.
Count on NewsChannel 6 for more details in this case as they become available.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Protesters gather on Wrightsboro Road Saturday for a peaceful march
- Several take to the streets in Augusta following death of man in police custody out of state
- Local woman arrested after allegedly lying about testing positive for COVID-19
- SC leaders react to George Floyd’s death, protests
- New York man uses superhero characters to spread joy
- George Floyd protests grow across the U.S.
- SpaceX, NASA moving ahead with historic launch, weather permitting
- Local police departments say kneeling on someone’s neck is not part of training