GROVETOWN, Ga. (WJBF) – A Baker Place Elementary School student was found with an unloaded gun Wednesday.
During a routine check, the student was found to have an unloaded gun and a gun magazine. Law enforcement officials were immediately notified.
Columbia County school district released a statement saying, “We are thankful to report that there was no indication of any threat to other students or faculty. However and as always, parents with questions or concerns may contact the school principal or the superintendent’s office”.
The Columbia County Sheriff’s Office tells us the student is facing felony charges.
Count on NewsChannel 6 for more information on this ongoing investigation.
- Avoiding the dentist during the pandemic could be harmful to your overall health
- 866 COVID-19 vaccinations administered by Aiken Regional; more than 1200 appointments scheduled
- Augusta Commissioners rethinking waiving all alcohol license fees
- COVID-19 impact on MLK Day events in Augusta
- Introducing candidates for mayor of North Augusta