AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – Today, the Augusta Recreation and Parks Department announced the death of its interim director, Ronald “Ron” Houck.
Ronald “Ron” Houck worked for the city of Augusta for 23 years, with his entire career dedicated to the city’s parks and recreation services.
The announcement came in the form of a post on the department’s Facebook page on Monday. In its statement, the department said, “His dedication and commitment to the employees and citizens of Augusta, Georgia will be greatly missed. Please keep his family and friends in your thoughts during this difficult time.”
LATEST NEWS STORIES
- Sauce Shortage: Chick-fil-A Plans To Limit Sauces To Customers
- University Hospital joining Piedmont Healthcare system, $1 billion investment to come
- Ruling paves way for longer sentence in George Floyd’s death
- House GOP ousts Liz Cheney from top post
- Dozens of dead bodies found floating in India’s Ganges River