AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – Today, the Augusta Recreation and Parks Department announced the death of its interim director, Ronald “Ron” Houck.
Ronald “Ron” Houck worked for the city of Augusta for 23 years, with his entire career dedicated to the city’s parks and recreation services.
The announcement came in the form of a post on the department’s Facebook page on Monday. In its statement, the department said, “His dedication and commitment to the employees and citizens of Augusta, Georgia will be greatly missed. Please keep his family and friends in your thoughts during this difficult time.”
LATEST NEWS STORIES
- Local ‘Beetlejuice house’ returns for Halloween season
- All Treats for Saturday…few showers Sunday. – Click here for your forecast
- Murphey Middle School transitions to online learning due to increased COVID activity
- Appling father killed by 15-year-old son had a history of domestic violence
- Concerns in the CSRA about postal service