AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – The Augusta National Golf Club is making a multi-million dollar investment in the Laney Walker and Harrisburg neighborhoods.
Club Chairman Fred Ridley announced the Augusta National, along with its broadcast partners, are making a $10 million contribution for re-development in these areas.
The money will be used to support ongoing efforts by the MCG Foundation and the Boys and Girls Club for a new health facility and a new headquarters for the Boys and Girls Club.
“This shared belief with our partners will attract even greater development and investment designed to benefit the residents of the Harrisburg and Laney Walker neighborhoods all of which can build bridges out of poverty and make Augusta, Georgia and even better place to live,” said Ridley.
Groundbreaking on the project is expected to take place next April.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Washington County law enforcement train for mental health calls
- COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations in Georgia slowly declining
- Football Friday Night | Week 6
- 40th annual Savannah Jazz Festival begins with Blues Night
- Augusta Public Defender’s Office hosts first annual resource fair
- Scavengerfest 8 event brings the hunt to the CSRA while also benefiting the Boys and Girls Club
- Free dental, vision and medical pop-up clinic at Jefferson County High School this weekend
- Community Chords Musical Therapy is an outlet for those with intellectual and developmental needs