AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – Today, the Augusta Fire Department honored those who lost their lives on 9/11.
The virtual event included the color guard, musical performances and speeches from local leaders.
Mayor Hardie Davis spoke on the bravery of those men and women who died on that day.
“Today, as we think back on the events of 9/11, our sorrow over the loss of so many good people should be tempered by the examples shown by so many who died and yet so many who lived.”
Brad Means served as today’s host of the ceremony.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Golden Globes: 2021’s winners
- AU Health AirCare taking flight this summer
- First US J&J vaccine doses shipping Sunday night
- One dead after crash on Williston Road in Beech Island
- Fraud overwhelms pandemic-related unemployment programs
- Variants and vaccines: How worried should we be?
- Trump speaks at CPAC in first post-White House appearance
- Motorcyclist leads CHP on Interstate 5 chase reaching speeds of 120 mph