AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – Today, the Augusta Fire Department honored those who lost their lives on 9/11.
The virtual event included the color guard, musical performances and speeches from local leaders.
Mayor Hardie Davis spoke on the bravery of those men and women who died on that day.
“Today, as we think back on the events of 9/11, our sorrow over the loss of so many good people should be tempered by the examples shown by so many who died and yet so many who lived.”
Brad Means served as today’s host of the ceremony.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Pediatricians concerned about child weight gain during pandemic, more than a few pounds
- Report: Ellen DeGeneres to end her daytime talk show after 19 years
- Ticket changes for Columbia County graduation ceremonies
- Florida man charged with killing toddler’s missing mother
- Sauce Shortage: Chick-fil-A Plans To Limit Sauces To Customers
- University Hospital joining Piedmont Healthcare system, $1 billion investment to come
- Ruling paves way for longer sentence in George Floyd’s death
- House GOP ousts Liz Cheney from top post