AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – Today, the Augusta Fire Department honored those who lost their lives on 9/11.
The virtual event included the color guard, musical performances and speeches from local leaders.
Mayor Hardie Davis spoke on the bravery of those men and women who died on that day.
“Today, as we think back on the events of 9/11, our sorrow over the loss of so many good people should be tempered by the examples shown by so many who died and yet so many who lived.”
Brad Means served as today’s host of the ceremony.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Locals participate in a friendly competition to keep the Savannah River clean
- Richmond County Sheriff’s Office sees second line of duty COVID death
- SC officer killed in line of duty; Florence County deputy injured in chase around same time
- Aiken High School principal assaulted by student; 16-year-old charged
- Football fans duke it out ahead of the big Border Bash game
- Football Friday Night | Week 5
- Once homeless himself, Greenville man launches non-profit to feed others
- Moderna vaccine is most effective against hospitalization from COVID-19, CDC study finds