1336 Augusta West Parkway/P.O. Box 15365
Augusta, GA 30909/30919
Main Phone: (706) 722-6664
News Room: (706) 828-7315
WJBF NewsChannel 6 signed on in 1953 as an ABC affiliate in Augusta, Georgia. The station is owned by Nexstar Media Group, Inc. WJBF-TV has been awarded the prestigious "Station of Year" award by the Georgia Association of Broadcasters in 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, and 2003. This prestigious award recognizes WJBF for excellence in broadcasting and service to the community. WJBF.com won the "Best Georgia Website - Division II" award by the Georgia Association of Broadcasters in 2014. This prestigious award recognizes WJBF.com for excellence in digital news distribution and service to the community.
Our Mission Statement:
- To envision our responsibilities to the community and act.
- To anticipate our viewers and client's needs and respond.
- To inspire and promote positive values by giving more to the community we serve.
Our number one goal is to live up to this statement.
WJBF NewsChannel 6 is committed to keeping the Central Savannah River Area (CSRA) informed. We are the only station in Augusta with a full-time capitol reporter in Columbia, South Carolina, as well as four meteorologists, the area's only LIVE Doppler Radar, and the largest news staff in the CSRA.
Our commitment to the community goes beyond just covering the news. Throughout the year we sponsor and coordinate numerous community events such as:
- Toys for Tots
- Halloween with a Heart
- Coats for Kids
- Shoeboxes for Seniors
- Rev Up To Read
- Doctors train students to administer Narcan in fight against opioids
- Atlanta residents say they felt magnitude 4.4 earthquake that shook eastern Tenn.
- Cybersecurity experts critical of proposed electronic voting system
- Cole Swindell to offer travel to Camellia Bowl for Georgia Southern students
- Georgia native Nick Ayers turns down Presidential Chief of Staff position
- Georgia battles Uber in dispute over millions of dollars
- Road crews prep for winter weather
- Employment program hoping to give displaced workers opportunity at Second Chance coming to Aiken
- SC lawmaker proposes bill to raise state's minimum wage
- Denmark home victim of 3 crimes in less than a month; officials say outsiders are source of crime
- SC Attorney General's office announces fight against robocalls
- SC woman's account drained through popular payment sharing app
- South Carolina ranks last in elder abuse protections
- Study: Georgia, South Carolina among worst states for drivers