Phones, tv’s and tablets: Shoppers hit the stores early for Black Friday 2018

Your Hometown

Most people in the River Region spent their Thanksgiving Day camping out at retail stores to get the hottest item for a low price. 

At Best Buy NewsChannel 6 reporter Devin Johnson spoke to one person who is doing Black Friday shopping for the first time.

“I’m going to be in and out as fast as I possibly can, so I can go home and eat,” said Rick Manuel.

Manuel is one of the many people this year who waited to get deals during Black Friday. Best Buy has a few featured items that had these people wrapped around the building.

A 43 inch 4K tv for $130 and a soundbar for $40 has this shopper excited.

“Honestly I’m dedicated on getting myself a tv,” explained Manuel. “To be honest with you I’ve been out here since 12 PM. “I was like I feel getting myself something nice for Christmas this year. So I was like, it’s Black Thursday let me head to Best Buy and get a tv, why not.”

Most people usually eat on Thanksgiving. Manuel says all he could think about was the tv and soundbar to go with it.

“Nah I didn’t even do that,” said Manuel. “I woke up this morning, came straight here, scouted it out to see if anybody was in line. I came back in at 12 PM and jumped in line with everyone else; I didn’t even go to dinner.”

After waiting several hours, best buy opened its doors for these ready customers.

People rushed in to get their gifts they have been eyeing for a while. The sound bar is the first thing off Manuel’s list; what he really came for comes next.  

“Where do have to get your tv at?” Devin asked.

“We have to go around the building to the back, and will get it from there,” said Manuel.

The first-time Black Friday shopper says his experience ran smoothly. He plans on doing it every year.

“This is my first year doing it, but I’m going to start doing it now,” explained Manuel. “I did some of it last year, but that was me getting into it. “Now I’m like really trying to get into it.”

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.