SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) – Buddy Boeheim scored 21 points, Marek Dolezaj added 17, and Syracuse held off Pittsburgh 69-61.
Syracuse has won five straight as it tries to rebound from a lackluster start to the season and build a resume for postseason consideration.
Pittsburgh was coming off home wins over North Carolina and Boston College. Elijah Hughes, the ACC’s leading scorer, had just 10 points to match his season low, all coming in the second half.
Quincy Guerrier had 10 points and eight rebounds and Dolezaj had seven boards. Justin Champagnie led Pitt with 14 points and Terrell Brown had 11.
Leading scorer Trey McGowens had seven points.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- RCBOE to have a special called COVID-19 update meeting
- Governor Kemp backs Natalie Paine for District Attorney during CSRA visit
- Carole Baskin booted from ‘Dancing with the Stars’
- Stimulus check, $600-per-week jobless benefit included in new virus aid proposal
- Trump receives third nomination for Nobel Peace Prize