ATLANTA (AP) — Jose Alvarado scored nine of his 16 points in the second half and Georgia Tech rallied after giving up a 20-point lead to beat Miami, 63-57, keeping alive dreams of landing a first-round bye in the Atlantic Coast Conference tournament for the first time in 10 years.
Fellow guard Michael Devoe added 14 points for Tech (15-14, 9-9 ACC) and center James Banks III pitched in 13 points, 14 rebounds and two blocked shots.
Miami point guard Chris Lykes paced the Hurricanes (14-14, 6-12) with 14 points.
- Federal student loan payment pause is coming to an end, Biden Administration’s plan: what you need to know
- US now says no evidence of ‘kill capture teams’ at Capitol
- Oprah Winfrey documentary to release on Apple TV+
- What lies ahead for the impeachment process against Trump?
- Winter chill is here for the weekend! – What to expect