CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP) – Chris Lykes and Isaiah Wong scored 13 points each to lead Miami to a 71-54 victory over Wake Forest.
Kameron McGusty and Lykes hit 3-pointers that keyed a 14-2 Miami run in the first half.
Wong’s 3-point play with 4:45 remaining capped the surge and gave the Hurricanes a 28-16 lead.
The Demon Deacons rallied from a 17-point deficit in the second half and got to within 47-39 on Torry Johnson’s fast-break dunk with 9:11 remaining that ended a string of nine unanswered.
Miami regained its double-digit advantage on McGusty’s 3-pointer.
Brandon Childress scored 15 points for Wake Forest.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Local organization holds MLK Day celebration in Denmark
- ‘Tired of being divided’: Garth Brooks to sing at Biden inaugural
- Super Bowl Experience construction ramps up along Tampa Riverwalk
- Avoiding the dentist during the pandemic could be harmful to your overall health
- 866 COVID-19 vaccinations administered by Aiken Regional; more than 1200 appointments scheduled