AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – Richmond County deputies responded to the scene of a reported shooting at the Augusta Mall.
Two men were involved in an altercation when one pulled a gun.
A struggle over the gun began and one of the men was shot several times.
20-year-old Aubrey Adams, a bystander, was also hit by one of the rounds. Her injuries are not life threatening.
The man shot in the altercation as well as the woman were transported to the hospital.
We’re told the male victim, 26-year-old Derell Little was taken to Doctors Hospital by EMS. He died just before 6:00 p.m. An autopsy will be done at the GBI Lab Monday.
37-year-old Tony Burton has now been charged with Murder, Aggravated Assault and Possession of a Firearm during the Commission of a Crime. He’s currently being held at the Webster Detention Center.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Fall Allergy Season Begins
- RCBOE adjusts 2021-2022 academic calendar
- Dive team joins search for person of interest in Gabby Petito’s death, Brian Laundrie
- Thousands of murders, disappearances of Indigenous women remain unsolved
- Unmarked sheriff’s office car stolen from gas station on Deans Bridge Road
- Officials talk timeline for when we can expect Pfizer authorization for 5-11 years
- First guilty plea comes out of federal case where former deputy court clerk, others accused of stealing $467,000 in public funds
- Results of an Aiken County Schools parent survey on masks, vaccines are in