AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – Richmond County deputies responded to the scene of a reported shooting at the Augusta Mall.
Two men were involved in an altercation when one pulled a gun.
A struggle over the gun began and one of the men was shot several times.
20-year-old Aubrey Adams, a bystander, was also hit by one of the rounds. Her injuries are not life threatening.
The man shot in the altercation as well as the woman were transported to the hospital.
We’re told the male victim, 26-year-old Derell Little was taken to Doctors Hospital by EMS. He died just before 6:00 p.m. An autopsy will be done at the GBI Lab Monday.
37-year-old Tony Burton has now been charged with Murder, Aggravated Assault and Possession of a Firearm during the Commission of a Crime. He’s currently being held at the Webster Detention Center.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Background checks blocked a record high 300,000 gun sales in 2020
- Tennessee boy’s legs nearly severed in Missouri roller coaster accident
- More than 100,000 names to be removed from Georgia voter rolls
- Baby born at Miami International Airport given extremely appropriate name
- Gun-waving St. Louis couple buy new gun days after entering guilty plea
- Injured 12-year-old rescued from Missouri roller coaster after nearly 2 hours
- Judge allowed to recuse herself from Columbia County judicial split case
- NBC sends out online casting call for title role in ‘Annie Live!’- How to audition