AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – Richmond County deputies responded to the scene of a reported shooting at the Augusta Mall.
Two men were involved in an altercation when one pulled a gun.
A struggle over the gun began and one of the men was shot several times.
20-year-old Aubrey Adams, a bystander, was also hit by one of the rounds. Her injuries are not life threatening.
The man shot in the altercation as well as the woman were transported to the hospital.
We’re told the male victim, 26-year-old Derell Little was taken to Doctors Hospital by EMS. He died just before 6:00 p.m. An autopsy will be done at the GBI Lab Monday.
37-year-old Tony Burton has now been charged with Murder, Aggravated Assault and Possession of a Firearm during the Commission of a Crime. He’s currently being held at the Webster Detention Center.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Free rides offered to and from CSRA polling sites
- Greenville Co. deputy dies, 4 others injured after crashes on I-85NB
- Food insecurity increasing in the CSRA due to Covid
- Commission addresses Fire Department needs report
- Commissioners see where storm water funds have gone
- Augusta Commissioner says pay raise needed
- Augusta personal care home recently passed state investigation
- Ghost Face Gangster is final defendant sentenced in meth trafficking investigation