AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – Richmond County deputies responded to the scene of a reported shooting at the Augusta Mall.
Two men were involved in an altercation when one pulled a gun.
A struggle over the gun began and one of the men was shot several times.
20-year-old Aubrey Adams, a bystander, was also hit by one of the rounds. Her injuries are not life threatening.
The man shot in the altercation as well as the woman were transported to the hospital.
We’re told the male victim, 26-year-old Derell Little was taken to Doctors Hospital by EMS. He died just before 6:00 p.m. An autopsy will be done at the GBI Lab Monday.
37-year-old Tony Burton has now been charged with Murder, Aggravated Assault and Possession of a Firearm during the Commission of a Crime. He’s currently being held at the Webster Detention Center.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Report: Popular flea & tick collar tied to 1,700 pet deaths, EPA received more than 75,000 complaints
- After 2 recent deaths, why are people still doing extreme baby gender reveals?
- Cat Musgrove on Dolce Darlin’ and rebuilding a shattered life
- Cheating during remote testing is a problem. Now there is a fix
- LaGrange man wrongfully convicted of rape freed after 40 years, reunited with family
- Laney-Walker Famers Market reopens to curb food desert issues
- Football coach Les Miles placed on leave amid misconduct allegations at LSU
- Senate Democrats reach deal on jobless benefits, allowing $1.9T COVID relief bill to move ahead