MACON, Ga. (AP) – A Georgia teacher has been accused of aggressively handling two 7-year-old students.
News outlets report 53-year-old Roger Clark was arrested and charged with simple battery Tuesday, according to the Bibb County Sheriff’s Office. Clark was a teacher at L.H. Williams Elementary School in Macon.
He has resigned. The sheriff’s office says Clark snatched one student from his desk, held him against a wall and shoved him. He’s accused of grabbing the other student by the arms, and also holding him against a wall and shoving him.
Clark was booked in jail. It’s unclear whether he had an attorney who could comment on his behalf.
Stay up to date with the WJBF News App. Click HERE to download.
- 2020 Nike EYBL Peach Jam cancelled
- Protesters gather on Wrightsboro Road Saturday for a peaceful march
- Live VIPIR 6 Weather Forecast 5/30/20 PM
- Several take to the streets in Augusta following death of man in police custody out of state
- WATCH SOON: Top doctors, mental health experts answer your questions on ‘Coronavirus House Calls’ | May 31