GAINESVILLE, Ga. (AP) – A white 17-year-old girl has been sentenced to four years in juvenile detention for what authorities said was a plot to kill churchgoers because they were Black.
News outlets report that the girl pleaded guilty to attempted murder as part of a plea agreement and was sentenced Thursday in Gainesville, Georgia.
She will be on probation for 10 years and cannot go near any African Methodist Episcopal church during that time.
The Times of Gainesville reports that she sobbed while reading an apology. She was a 16-year-old high school student when she was arrested in November 2019.
- Pediatricians concerned about child weight gain during pandemic, more than a few pounds
- Report: Ellen DeGeneres to end her daytime talk show after 19 years
- Ticket changes for Columbia County graduation ceremonies
- Newfeed Now: House GOP ousts Rep. Liz Cheney from top post amid Trump criticisms; Sinkhole drains 17-acre lake
- Florida man charged with killing toddler’s missing mother