(AP / CNN) – Is a pandemic the perfect time to launch a new and relatively expensive streaming service? AT&T sure hopes so. The phone company is investing billions in HBO Max, its first big entertainment venture since it spent $85 billion for Time Warner in 2018.
Warner media’s streaming service includes HBO titles like “Game of Thrones” and “Westworld”; as well as classic television like “Friends” and “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.”
The platform is also boasting original programming, including “Love Life” starring Anna Kendrick and “Looney Tunes Cartoons.”
The service is $14.99 per month.
- How to keep your pets safe during the Fourth of July fireworks
- Video: Starfish at Garden City beach touch arm tips, then one takes shape of banana peel
- Fire on Battle Row in Augusta
- Judge Sets suspected club shooter’s bond at $4,000
- Higher fireworks sales may mean more people in the emergency room with injuries