CAYCE, S.C. (AP) – The South Carolina community that searched, prayed and then cried is saying goodbye to a 6-year-old girl who disappeared from her front yard and was found dead three days later.
The public memorial service for Faye Marie Swetlik is 7 p.m. tonight at the Trinity Baptist Church in Cayce. The girl’s family is asking everyone to wear bright colors, especially pink and purple, to honor Faye’s bubbly spirit.
The girl was playing in her front yard after getting off the school bus Feb. 10 when she disappeared. Authorities say a neighbor kidnapped and killed her, placed her body near his home three days later and killed himself.
- Water shut off during pandemic without notice in Denmark
- Kayakers find deer swimming two miles from shore in Lake Erie, steer it to safety
- Pelosi on George Floyd death: ‘We saw a murder’
- Revenues down 1.7 million for Augusta Utilities Department
- Trump’s order on social media regulation raises concerns