MACON, Ga. (AP) – A sheriff’s deputy has shot and wounded a man during a foot chase in middle Georgia’s largest city. The Bibb County Sheriff’s Office tells local news outlets the incident began outside downtown Macon nightclub before 2 a.m. Sunday.
Authorities say the deputy saw a man running around a corner. A second man came running around the corner with a gun, firing into the air as he chased the first man.
The deputy began chasing the armed man, and witnesses say he shot at the deputy as they ran. The deputy shot back and hit the man, who was taken to a hospital.
- Former Blue Bell president charged with trying to cover up 2015 Listeria contamination of ice cream
- Eating Local: Whiskey Alley
- LIVE TODAY: Alabama looks to extend historic ‘Third Saturday in October’ streak
- Remains found in search for 1921 Tulsa race massacre victims
- Big Game Bound Week 7: Battle of the unbeatens