MARIETTA, Ga. (AP) – A Georgia mother has been accused of strangling her 5-year-old daughter.
News outlets report 30-year-old Shekinah Akbar is charged with felony murder, cruelty to children and aggravated assault.
An arrest warrant obtained by news outlets Tuesday says the child had bruises all over her body and injuries consistent with strangulation.
The child was found unresponsive at an apartment Monday morning. She later died.
Akbar was being held without bond. It’s unclear whether she had an attorney who could comment on her behalf.
- 156 dogs rescued in federal multi-county Georgia operation
- “The Office” star Brian Baumgartner makes his famous chili on “National Chili Day”
- Stand-Up comedian Mark Normand bringing the laughs to Augusta
- James Brown Boulevard reconstruction breaks ground
- Today is Pokémon Day!: Google announces the ‘Pokémon’ of the Year’