MARIETTA, Ga. (AP) – A Georgia mother has been accused of strangling her 5-year-old daughter.
News outlets report 30-year-old Shekinah Akbar is charged with felony murder, cruelty to children and aggravated assault.
An arrest warrant obtained by news outlets Tuesday says the child had bruises all over her body and injuries consistent with strangulation.
The child was found unresponsive at an apartment Monday morning. She later died.
Akbar was being held without bond. It’s unclear whether she had an attorney who could comment on her behalf.
- How to navigate awkward political conversations ahead of inauguration
- Bills fans donate to Lamar Jackson’s favorite charity following QB’s injury
- Bills advance to AFC championship with 17-3 win over Ravens
- Rodgers, Packers beat Rams 32-18 to reach NFC title game
- Live VIPIR 6 Forecast Sunday January 17, 2021