COLUMBUS, Ga. (AP) – A Georgia man who’s accused in the death of his 7-month-old son says he shook the boy because he though the child was choking on formula.
News outlets report 22-year-old Jikevious Scott was in court Monday in Columbus to face a second-degree murder charge.
Police say the baby was shaken so violently last month that he suffered bleeding in his brain.
The child was taken to a hospital in Atlanta where he died. Scott is charged with second-degree murder because police don’t believe there was malicious intent.
Scott is being held without bond.
- RCBOE to have a special called COVID-19 update meeting
- Governor Kemp backs Natalie Paine for District Attorney during CSRA visit
- Carole Baskin booted from ‘Dancing with the Stars’
- Stimulus check, $600-per-week jobless benefit included in new virus aid proposal
- Trump receives third nomination for Nobel Peace Prize